General Terms & Conditions for Competitions
By participating you agree to the requirements set out in the Competition Rules, the following General Terms and Conditions and all promotional materials.
- Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Disney, its agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this competition (including partners or vendors providing prizes).
- Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted. Use of automated entries, bots, votes or other programs is prohibited and all such entries (or votes) will be disqualified.
- Entries must be completed by the Closing Date.
- Disney reserves the right at any time to request proof of identity, to verify eligibility conditions, or to award any prize to the winner in person or a substitute.
- Personal information will only be used for direct marketing purposes if you have consented to receive future marketing from Disney (you may have already done this if you have registered your personal information with Disney previously).
- By entering this competition, entrants agree that their information may be used by Disney to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and other relevant details for publication on the winners’ list.
- Entrants also shall be responsible for ensuring that the personal information provided to us is accurate and entrants will be contactable via any contact information provided, and failure to do so may result in the entrant’s entry to not be accepted and any potential prizes to be forfeited.
- For prize competitions based on skill, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges based on the judging criteria set out in the Competition Rules or the competition only pages.
- For prize competitions which ask you to submit, upload or otherwise make available original content to be judged:
- Disney has the right but not the obligation to moderate all entries and reserves the right not to accept entries which are technically unacceptable, contain inappropriate material (i.e. material which is in any manner unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, discriminatory, annoying, insensitive or otherwise offensive to any person/occupation/religious sections/gender/age group/sections of society, or which infringes the ownership rights, intellectual property rights including copyright rights or privacy of third party(ies)), or which breach any of these Competition Rules or General Terms and Conditions.
- By entering any competition you (and your parent or guardian if you are under 18) confirm and agree (aa) that you and they are the owner of the content submitted or have the necessary rights and permissions without the need for payment to any other person or entity, (bb) the content does not knowingly copy or infringe the rights of any other person (cc) that you have the permission of all individuals featured in the content and (dd) Disney is permitted to reproduce and use the entry submitted by you on any media (including without limitation, TV, online and publishing channels and social media platforms) anywhere in the world and without a time limit in order to carry out the competition and select winners (which may include publishing your personal information and your content for a public vote to select finalists or the winner and any runners-up) and for any and all related promotional purposes to promote the competition and to promote Disney in general without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity.
- Disney reserves the right to choose a short-list of entries and publish these finalists on the competition website or Disney’s social media. Publication of any entry does not mean that you have won.
- Competition entries and/or shortlisted entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and a winner (and where applicable, runners-up) for each available prize will be selected according to the judging criteria set out in the Competition Rules or on the competition entry page. The judges shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on the award of each prize.
- Disney reserves the right to ask winners to sign a written release, request proof of identity and verify the entry before awarding any prize.
- Disney's decision to select any winner or runner-up is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
- You agree to maintain confidentiality in respect of any response and/or official communication that is provided to you from an employee or representative of Disney in connection with this contest; and agree to make no public press announcements or information for publication without the explicit approval of Disney.
Prize Confirmation & Acceptance.
- If at any time (i) we require a response from any winner before awarding any prize and no response is received after we have made reasonable efforts to make contact and within a reasonable period of time (or by the dates set out in the Competition Rules), or (ii) a winner (or their parent or guardian) declines to accept the prize; or (iii) Disney is unable to contact the winner’s parent or guardian; or (iv) the requested documentation stated in the Competition Rules is not received Disney in time; or (v) the winner becomes unavailable; Disney reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner chosen at the same time as the first name(s) were selected or judged to be a winner.
- Any prize which is returned or cannot be delivered will be used in Disney’s sole discretion for another competition or given to charity. Disney has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Disney (and/or any sponsor partner providing any prize) reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold, under any circumstance but can be transferred if a family member is entering on behalf of a child.
- Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winners are solely responsible for all personal additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prize.
Cancellation or Disqualification.
- Disney reserves the right to disqualify:
- late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries;
- entries where appropriate parental authorisation or a requested release form is or was not provided; or
- entrants whose conduct (and/or whose Parent’s conduct) may bring Disney into disrepute (as Disney may decide in its discretion).
- Disney reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the competition or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the competition can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Disney suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results, or has provided false information or has acted unethically in any other way.
- For online entries or online public voting: Disney cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the websites (including its Facebook, Twitter or other social media pages) and is not responsible for any disruption due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control. In the event of technical problems, entries or votes will be void and the winner will be selected by a panel of judges or such other fair method of selection.
- Disney has arranged this competition in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the competition or any aspect of any prize awarded.
- Disney is not responsible for and does not endorse or guarantee, the opinions, views, advice or recommendations posted on its websites (including its Facebook, Twitter or other social media pages).
- Disney will not be responsible or liable for any non-receipt of an entry due to a technical error or defect in the functioning of the website server, network problem, breakdown of machinery, unclear network, disruption in the network and to the extent permissible in law, you waive your right to initiate any claim, proceedings, actions, damages, suits against the Company and/or its affiliates for such reasons.
- Email safety.
In the event that Disney wishes to contact you in connection with your entry we will do so via an email ending in 'disney.com' or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from Disney but using a different ending (e.g. hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Customer Services. DO NOT respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from Disney. If you are in any doubt please contact Customer Services.
Publicity & Filming.
- Winners and/or runners-up may be required to participate in related publicity without further payment or permission but you agree that Disney may publish first name or surname and initial, age, town/city and/or likeness.
- If filming is required the winners and/or their parent or guardian may be asked to consent to being filmed (the “Contribution”). If consent is given the winner and/or their parent/guardian acting on behalf of the winner who is a child shall assign to Disney all rights of whatsoever nature, including all copyright in respect of the Contribution and grant all further consents or licences necessary to enable the fullest use of the Contribution throughout the universe and without any time limit by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without liability or acknowledgement.
- Winners' details.
Disney will, on request, make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. For information regarding this competition send a stamped and addressed envelope to the Customer Services address on the competition entry page quoting “Winners List” and the name of the competition.
- The laws of India shall apply and disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai courts only.
- You acknowledge that your entrance in this Competition shall not result in the formation or existence of a fiduciary relationship or a relationship of agent and principal between yourself and Disney.
- In case any provision in this General Terms & Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired and such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability.